MOMS Club of Simi Valley West believes in giving back to the community. Here are some of our on-going and recent service projects for charities that we hold near-and-dear to our hearts.
Past Service Projects
- Diaper Drive for Community Pregnancy Clinic: This organization, based in Simi Valley and Moorpark, provides free prenatal services and baby supplies to low-income women both in our communities and in areas like Watts and Compton. The Club conducted a diaper drive and donated supplies such as diapers, formulas, and wipes.
- To Autism, With Love (TAWL): The TAWL Organization counts on hundreds of caring individuals, corporate partners, schools and community groups, like us, to help provide items to these wonderful families of children with Autism. Our Chapter assisted TAWL by raising money and collecting donations for their second annual “Easter Baskets for Autism” Assistance Program.
- MS Walk supporting Team Mayra: Members donated and participated in the MS Walk program, which was organized by the National MS Society, Southern California & Nevada Chapter. A sweet friend who is also an active member of the MOMS Club of Simi Valley West was diagnosed with MS. The club decided to show their love and support by choosing it as a service project.
- Adopting a family in need: Over Christmas Holidays, our chapter adopted a family of eight by donating supplies such as groceries, food, clothing, toys, and other various items the family might need.
- Supporting Baby Ellis: The Club participated in a restaurant fundraiser supporting the family of Simi Valley local Kayla Katler. The 21-year-old died suddenly of a brain hemorrhage while 6 months pregnant with baby Brayden. Brayden was delivered by miraculous emergency C-section.
- Lighthouse Women and Children: Simi Valley MOMS Club West and East collected items and monetary donations to give to the rescue. Together we raised over $500!
- Lighthouse Women and Children: Members donated Easter Gift Baskets and necessities to the women and children of the rescue. Our chapter was able to make 30 gift baskets and 20 more bags filled with toys, lotions and toiletries.